The more data the better, right?
Contrary to popular belief, more data does not mean a better app. Like Heather says, “you want those “gold nuggets” of information.” You want small “nuggets” of essential data, it makes for a quicker process and less “junk” to get in the way when searching for specific items.
“Start with the end in mind.”
Accountants need meaningful reporting; this allows us to quickly pull up reports and aid our clients to become more profitable and achieve their company goals. Minimal data entries also help accountants and clients keep a clutter-free work zone capable of accessing valuable information, short and sweet data entries saves time and headaches. Leaving a trail back to your data also saves time; having a breadcrumb mentality allows information to be quickly accessed.
Integrating Multiple apps
When integrating more than one app, it’s crucial to search for how your data presents itself in the app; using apps that work well together is also vital. Apps like Zapier and Bookkeep work well for filling in those gaps.
Consider the ‘Appy Hour’s Golden Rules of App Integrations
- Map the data flow
- Maximize app’s reporting features
- Keep it as simple as possible (only bring in what you need)
- Validate the integration through reporting and documented procedures
- Communicate with support
Why use Bookkeep.com?
- Simplifying your books with a single sales entry and one payout entry a day
- Accurately organizing fees, gift cards, tips, loan payments, and sales tax
- Flexibility for your schedule, supporting several classes, locations, and stores
Setup is easy
- Bookkeep.com has an easy mapping dashboard for both Square and Shopify
- Specify start of day, classes and locations
- Bookkeep.com imports as either a Journal Entry or in some cases a Sales Receipt
- The best part is you can reconcile your bank accounts to the penny!
Bookkeep.com ensures you’ll always stay on top of the schedule, falling behind on your books is a thing of the past! With everything automated, you no longer must waste time on manual entries, and spreadsheets! Reconciling with Bookkeep.com is no longer a meticulous task, clean data and books only- no more time spent on duplicate or missing transactions.
Register for the ‘Appy Hour by clicking here.
To learn more about the show sponsor follow the link to: Bookkeep.com
Click here to view the QB Appy Hour with Bookkeep.com episode.